On this episode of Shopify Across The Pond, host Adam Pearce chats with Shawn O'Neill, the CEO of SpeedSense and industry expert in website speed. They explore how businesses can improve their online performance without losing functionality while delving into what this means for user experience across different departments within a company.
Top 5 takeaways:
- 💨Website speed is crucial for user experience and conversion rates, with even small improvements in speed leading to significant increases in revenue.
- 🧪Website speed can be optimized without sacrificing functionality by focusing on areas such as image optimization, code optimization, and utilizing content delivery networks (CDNs).
- 🌐The Core Web Vitals are a set of metrics that Google uses to measure website speed and performance, and they became a search ranking factor in May 2021.
- 🛍️SpeedSense primarily works with ecommerce businesses who have disparate departments that all care about website performance but are not empowered to do anything about it.
- 🤝SpeedSense helps businesses who have in-house developers responsible for building and maintaining the site, a marketing team responsible for driving traffic and conversions, and an e-commerce operations team responsible for managing the storefront and product information.
Listen to the full podcast interview to learn more about website speed optimization and whether this would be a good addition to your business.