Shawn shares his journey from an engineer focusing on user experience to starting SpeedSense, a company that specializes in improving website speed for e-commerce retailers.
Top 5 takeaways:
- ℹ️For e-commerce retailers, faster website performance results in more orders, higher revenue, and reduced bounce rates.
- 📈KPIs affected by site speed include conversion rate, bounce rate, abandonment reduction, and increased cart size.
- 🤑A faster website can improve ROI on ad campaigns, especially during peak seasons like Black Friday.
- 📡To optimize site speed, SpeedSense analyzes traffic, performs bulk synthetic testing, and uses real user monitoring to compare performance against competitors, set targets, and prioritize impactful fixes.
- 📊Open-source tools like Google's PageSpeed Insights and Lighthouse, which are built into Chrome, can be used to analyze and improve website performance.
Listen to the full episode on The Customer Acquisition Experience.